Roy MorrisÂ Dental Excellence based in Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire has been providing dental implants for 13 years. Implants in the smile zone are especially challenging to achieve harmony with gums, lips and facial proportions. Find out more aboutÂ Roy MorrisÂ and how he can help you achieveÂ a smile to be proud ofâ€¦
Implants are sophisticated titanium rods, implanted in the jawbone, where, over a period of several months, they integrate with the surrounding bone and become rigid â€˜rootsâ€™ and can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, stabilise dentures or even replace a whole mouth of missing teeth with fixed bridgework. They have many advantages compared to traditional crown and bridge solutions.
Here are six reasons why you should consider them:
- They look, feel and function like natural teeth.
- Existing healthy teeth do not need to be damaged to support theÂ dental implants.
- By anchoring the dental implants in the jawbone they will stimulate bone tissue and gums, ensuring an attractive,Â aesthetic result. This helps to maintain your facial structures.
- No adhesives are required to hold the new teeth in place.
- They eliminate the discomfort and insecurity of loose, ill-fitting dentures.
- They provide a secure, permanent tooth replacement.
Parts of the Dental Implant
Dental implant technology has been used to permanently replace teeth since the mid-60s.
A small titanium screw is inserted into the jawbone. Titanium is a metal accepted by the body and heals together with the bone tissue to form a new, stable tooth root.
An abutment is a ceramic or titanium component that ensures a secure fit between the dental implant and the crown.
Once the dental implant and the abutment are in place, we fit the crown, the bridge or the prosthesis.
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss Dental Implant treatment options, please fill in the form below: